]Check out our first newsletter of the year!
Find out what’s going on at ACSW with our October calendar!
If you would like updates sent to your phone, make sure to sign up for our REMIND101!
September 18- September 25!
See the flyer attached for more information!
Please see the attachment for more information!
Join us on October 9 for a night full of fun all created by your teachers!
**Purchased tickets will be sent home between October 6 and October 7**
Attached is the flyer with more information!
Attached are the after-school activities that will be offered in October! Please drop off payments in the main office enrichment box. All payments are due by September 28. Late payments will not be accepted.
Dear AcadeMir Parents and Families,
Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year! I hope the first week at AcadeMir Charter School West has been a great experience for your child.
Please note the following important reminders:
- Uniforms are mandatory at AcadeMir. All students are expected to be in full uniform every day.
- Friday Jean Day: optional to wear jeans, any AcadeMir shirt and any closed toe shoe for $1.00.
- Sweaters must be approved AcadeMir sweaters, available at Sunshine Uniforms
- Thank you for your continued patience as we fine-tune our afternoon dismissal. Please remember that we now have two other schools dismissing from our campus.
- Please remember to be respectful to our staff, as we are all working hard to make the dismissal smoother.
- Please do not park in our neighbors’ driveways or drive across their lawns.
- As per Miami-Dade County Public Works, students should NOT enter their vehicle from the left side as this is a designated exit route and it is a safety hazard. Therefore, if you have a car seat on the right side, our staff cannot help your child enter the car.
- Our Tutoring Program will begin September 21, 2015 and we are pleased to announce that we are partnering with One on One Learning this year.
- Tutoring Parent Night is on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- Tutoring Program is for students who scored below grade level or on our diagnostic assessments ONLY, not based on parent requests.
- Your child will receive a letter if he/she is in need of tutoring with the schedule.
- Tutoring is at NO COST to the parents.
Please check our website regularly for updates: www.academircharterschoolwest.com. Links to our teachers’ websites are available within the “Classes” tab; here teachers will post all homework assignments and projects. Also, please enroll in Remind101 to keep informed at all times.
Once again, welcome back to school! I look forward to seeing all of you throughout the school year. I wish all of our Tigers an amazing 2015-2016 school year!
Carolina Alfonso Claro, Ed.D. , Principal
Kristina Gonzalez-Ledo, Ed.D., Assistant Principal